Benchmarks are rarely relevant in for real world applications as real world loads are hard to reproduce in a reliable way. They do give a good general overview of performance, though.
In a series of articles Symfony and the eZ Platform CMS are used as a platform for tests:
Built on top of the Symfony full-stack framework, eZ software gives you modern architecture and flexibility so you can build, extend and scale your sites and apps with ease.
The articles cover a wide range from adding resources to comparing HHVM and PHP 7 and more:
- Symfony Benchmarks: Introduction
- Symfony Benchmarks: PHP 5.6, HHVM 3.11 and PHP 7.0.1
- Symfony Benchmarks: Scaling PHP by adding CPU & RAM
- Symfony Benchmarks: Symfony Proxy vs. Varnish
- Symfony Benchmarks: PHP-FPM vs. PHP-PM (on PHP 7 and HHVM)
- Symfony Benchmarks: Symfony Microkernel, Lumen, Silex, Slim…